Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Update! TDKR Review is on the way


First of all, I'd just like to mention how utterly heartbroken I was by the tragedy that struck in Aurora on July 20th, 2012. Watching movies in the cinema is my favourite thing in the world to do (especially when they're movies about Batman) and an atrocity like this in a place of such wonder and escape defies any modicum of reason. My heart and thoughts go with the victims and their families. Especially this poor guy

Anyway, the reason for this post is just to let everyone know that the review of "The Dark Knight Rises" is well and truly on the way. I've seen the film three times and I've read the novelisation and it's still difficult to do justice to my overall thoughts on the film. Essentially though, I really loved the film and it's an absolutely spectacular end to a trilogy that has meant more to me in my lifetime than any other series of films. There's a quite a lot wrong with it and it's probably not as objectively good as "The Dark Knight", but as a Batman film I absolutely prefer it and I'm far more likely to want to watch it than either of its predecessors, in the years to come. It's an outstanding film and a great time at the cinema and if you haven't seen it, go out right now and do it. 

So check back tomorrow, when I hope to have the review uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment